TOP CHILD CUSTODY LAWYER IN RIVERSIDE CA
Child custody cases are decided based on one test - "what is in the best interest of the child". Often, parents use their child as tools against the other. If you are involved in a difficult and complicated child custody case, and need aggressive child custody lawyer representation, our child custody attorney in Riverside, California can help. We are available 7 days for FREE PHONE CONSULTATION at (909)234-9789 until 7 pm. Time may be limited. So, call us.
Best Interest Of The Child
involve not only parents' right to custody of their child but also
the child's right to choose (only
after a certain age). A parent generally has a right to joint legal
custody and joint physical custody, unless the Court determines it is in
the best interest of the child for only one parent to have sole physical custody
and/or sole legal custody.
Sometime it is in the best interest of the child that only one parent have sole legal custody or sole physical custody; however, a custody order will depend on what is in the best interest of the child.
Types Of Custody: Legal and Physical
Physical custody means a parent has the right to spend time with their child physically. "Joint" physical custody means both parents have equal right to spend time with their children. It does not necessarily mean a parent is able to exercise that
Custody And Other Issues
Child custody cases can arise in several other cases. Few examples of when child custody issues can arise are:
1) Move away and Relocation - when a parent requests to move away or relocate to another state with the child creating distance between child and noncustodial parent;
2) Domestic Violence -
when there is domestic violence between parents;
3) Guardianship - when grandparents want to obtain custodial rights to the children; example: guardianship;
In a high conflict child custody battle, in addition to the factors listed above for determining custody, the courts also take into consideration:
1. Living environment of each parent such as number of occupants,
2. Criminal backgrounds (of the parents as well as those living with the parents),
3. History of drug and alcohol abuse (of the parents),
4. History of child abuse, molestation, or neglect,
5. Mental or physical disabilities that could reasonably prevent a parent from properly caring for a child,
6. Domestic violence or restraining order, and
7. Any other factors that the court deems reasonable under the circumstances to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the child at issue.
If you have a high conflict child custody case, and are looking for an experienced child custody lawyer in Riverside, Ca, an aggressive child custody attorney in San Bernardino, CA, a top child custody lawyer in Orange County, CA, please call our office at (909)234-9789 to obtain a FREE PHONE CONSULTATION 7 days. We are here to help.
SUBMIT FORM FOR FREE CONSULTATION
Click here to try again.